If you’re looking for a city that has it all, look no further than New York City. There’s something for everyone in this amazing metropolis – from world-renowned museums and theaters to trendy restaurants and nightlife. If you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry. We’ve put together a list of the 10 best things to do in NYC!
Why New York City?
There are a number of reasons why New York City should be at the top of your list when considering where to travel. First and foremost, NYC is home to some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and attractions. From Times Square and the Statue of Liberty to Broadway and Central Park, there’s something for everyone in this amazing city.
In addition to its world-famous attractions, NYC is also home to a number of hidden gems that visitors often overlook. If you’re looking for an authentic New York experience, be sure to check out some of the city’s lesser-known neighborhoods, such as the Lower East Side or Soho
And, of course, no trip to New York would be complete without sampling some of the city’s legendary food. From pizza and hot dogs to bagels and cheesecake, there’s something for everyone in The Big Apple!
To help you narrow down your list of must-see attractions, we’ve compiled a list of the top ten things to do in New York City.
Fun Things to do in New York City
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
A visit to New York City wouldn’t be complete without seeing one of its most iconic landmarks – the Statue of Liberty. Located on Liberty Island, this 305-foot-tall statue is a symbol of freedom and democracy.
Website: Statue of Liberty
- Climb to the Top of the Empire State Building
For breathtaking views of the city, head to the top of the Empire State Building. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this 102-story skyscraper is one of NYC’s most popular tourist attractions.
Website: Empire State Building
- Stroll Through Central Park
Central Park is one of the most popular places to visit in NYC. This massive park, which spans over 843 acres, is a great place to relax and take in the sights and sounds of the city.
Website: Central Park
- Explore Times Square
Times Square is one of the most vibrant and exciting places in New York City. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this bustling area is home to several theaters, restaurants, and shops.
Website: Times Square
- See a Broadway Show
A trip to New York City wouldn’t be complete without seeing a Broadway show. From musicals to comedies, there’s something for everyone on the Great White Way.
- Visit the Museum of Modern Art
The Museum of Modern Art is one of the most popular museums in New York City. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this museum is home to a number of world-renowned works of art.
Website: The Museum of Modern Art
- Take a Tour of the Brooklyn Brewery
The Brooklyn Brewery is one of the most popular breweries in New York City. Located in Brooklyn, this brewery offers tours and tastings that are perfect for beer lovers.
Website: The Brooklyn Brewery
- Ride the Staten Island Ferry
The Staten Island Ferry is a great way to see New York City from the water. This ferry ride offers stunning views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Manhattan skyline.
Website: The Staten Island Ferry
- Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge
The Brooklyn Bridge is one of NYC’s most iconic landmarks. Spanning over a mile, this bridge offers breathtaking views of the city.
Website: Brooklyn Bridge
- Visit the High Line
The High Line is a unique park that is built on an elevated section of an old railway line. This park, which stretches from Gansevoort Street to 34th Street, is a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the views of the city.
Website: The High Line
Creative Things to do in New York City
Besides the typical attractions, there are plenty of creative things to do in New York City that you won’t want to miss. Below is a list of creative things to do in downtown New York that will make your visit even more memorable.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the city from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck. This deck, which is located on the 70th floor of Rockefeller Center, offers some of the best views of NYC for sightseeing.
Website: Top of The Rock
- Visit the Museum of Illusions: The Museum of Illusions is a unique museum that is perfect for those looking for a fun and interactive experience. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this museum is home to a number of optical illusions.
Website: The Museum of Illusions
- Take a walking tour of the city: There are a number of walking tours available that will allow you to explore NYC in a new and exciting way. From food tours to art tours, there’s sure to be a guided tour that interests you.
- Go on a scavenger hunt: Scavenger hunts are a great way to see the city and have a lot of fun at the same time. There are a number of companies that offer scavenger hunts in NYC.
- Visit the Roosevelt Island Tramway: The Roosevelt Island Tramway is a great way to get an aerial view of the city. This tram ride offers stunning views of the East River, Manhattan, and Queens.
Website: Roosevelt Island Tramway
- Venture out to Coney Island: Coney Island is a great place to enjoy the sun and the sand. This beach is located in Brooklyn and is home to a number of attractions, including the world-famous Cyclone roller coaster.
Website: Coney Island
- Take a boat tour of the Hudson River: A boat tour of the Hudson River is a great way to see NYC from the water. This tour will take you past some of the city’s most famous landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Website: Hudson River Boat Tours
- Walk around Chinatown: Chinatown is a great place to explore and experience a different culture. This neighborhood is home to a number of Chinese restaurants, shops, and temples.
- Visit Little Italy: Little Italy is a great place to experience Italian culture. This neighborhood is home to a number of Italian restaurants, cafes, and shops.
Website: Little Italy
- Stroll the New York Botanical Garden: The New York Botanical Garden is a great place to experience the beauty of nature. This garden, which is located in the Bronx, offers a variety of different gardens and exhibits.
Website: New York Botanical Garden
- See the animals at the Bronx Zoo: The Bronx Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals. This zoo is home to over 700 species of animals, making it one of the largest zoos in the world.
Website: Bronx Zoo
- Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center: Rockefeller Center is a great place to go ice skating in the winter. This rink, which is located in Midtown Manhattan, offers stunning views of the city.
Website: Rockefeller Center Ice Rink
- Explore the New York Public Library: The New York Public Library is a great place to explore and learn about the history of the city. This library, which is located in Midtown Manhattan, is home to over 50 million items.
Website: New York Public Library
- Check out the parks in the area: Brooklyn Bridge Park, Bryant Park, Central Park, and Prospect Park are all great places to explore. These parks offer a variety of activities, including hiking, biking, and picnicking.
Website: New York City Parks
Artistic Things to do in New York City
New York City is a great place for those who are looking to get their creative juices flowing. Below is a list of artistic things to do in NYC that are sure to inspire you.
- Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art: The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The MET) is one of the world’s largest and most popular museums. Located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, this museum is home to a vast collection of art installations and masterpieces from around the world.
Website: Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Take a photography tour: New York City is a great place for photographers of all levels. There are a number of companies that offer photography tours of NYC. These tours are a great way to see the city and capture its beauty like the local street art or the sights of famous tv shows.
- Visit the American Museum of Natural History: The American Museum of Natural History is one of the most popular museums in NYC. Located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this museum is home to a number of world-renowned exhibits.
Website: American Museum of Natural History
- Go to a Broadway show: A visit to New York City is not complete without seeing a Broadway show. From musicals to plays, there’s sure to be a show that you’ll enjoy.
- See a performance at Lincoln Center: Lincoln Center is one of the most famous performing arts venues in NYC. Home to several world-renowned organizations, this center is a must-visit for those who are looking to experience the best of the city’s art exhibits.
Website: Lincoln Center
- See a sporting event at Madison Square Garden: Last but not least, a visit to New York City would not be complete without seeing a show at Madison Square Garden. This world-famous arena is home to a number of sports teams and musical acts.
Website: Madison Square Garden
For Those Traveling to NYC
NYC is a great place for all kinds of travelers. Whether you’re looking to explore the city’s iconic landmarks for the first time or seeking out something unique and creative to do, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in this bustling metropolis. With so many things to do, you’ll never be bored in NYC.
Besides all the great places to explore, you’ll want to check out all the great cafes, eateries, ice cream parlors, rooftop bars, the train station, and the world trade center. People-watching is pretty fun too.
For Those Considering Moving to NYC
If you’re considering making a move to NYC, there are a few things you should know. First, it’s important to have a realistic expectation of what life in the city is like. Second, it’s also important to be prepared for the high cost of living. Thirdly, you should make sure that you’re comfortable with the fast-paced lifestyle. Fourth, make sure you research a New York City neighborhood map to learn more about the best areas to live and what areas you may want to avoid. Lastly, remember more about moving to NY’s pros and cons.
For Those Living in NYC
If you’re lucky enough to live in New York City, you know that there’s never a dull moment. Whether you’re exploring the city’s iconic landmarks or seeking out something unique and creative to do, there’s always something new and exciting waiting for you. With so many things to do, you’ll never be bored.
However, if you’re ready for a change of pace, relocating to the suburbs, or moving out of state, selling a house quickly can be challenging. But don’t worry, working with a “We Buy Houses New York” company can help!
If you need someone to “buy my house in New York City,” selling to a homebuyer like Leave The Key Homebuyers is a great option. They are one of the top cash home buyers in Brooklyn who will buy your house in as-is condition, don’t charge realtor commissions, and close on your timeline. When you sell to a local real estate investor like Leave The Key Homebuyers, you can avoid the hassle and expense of repairs, showings, and months of waiting. Plus, you’ll get to choose your closing date!
If you’re looking for a fresh start and want to sell your house fast in New York City or the surrounding areas, contact Leave The Key Homebuyers today to get a cash offer for your house or to learn more about how it works.